Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of

When watching the video on Filter Bubbles, some new information that I learned was that even though our computers are logged off or shut down, there are websites that use about 57 signals to try to figure out what kind of information we want.  From all this information it makes me think that the information I may be looking up right now for a certain research project for a class can be totally different than someone else’s that is doing the exact same thing as me. Also how what I may be looking up on a website isn’t the only information that may be out there, but it’s the information they give me because they think it’s what I want.  Is there truly no privacy that we “think” we get on the Internet? Since when did this filter bubble begin and how is it improving people’s way of researching information?  How I can improve my effectiveness of my searches is to look up on different websites or computers to see what information matches. When re-doing the research on Shakespeare, I noticed how totally different websites began coming up and how there are a lot more pictures that what I saw before. On the second time I got more of his biography's and pictures compared to the first time when I got more of a list of the different types of work he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment