Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

My initial impression towards Facebook was that it was another form of Myspace. A site where I would be able to get in contact with my friends and be able to communicate with different people. These would be the benefits to me, that I would be able to talk to family and friends that I am not able to see face to face everyday and even to meet new people. Of course there are many great risks associated in using Facebook, such as not knowing who is actually seeing the different things that you are posting, getting tracked down by how much information you put out there for everyone to see and many others. By reading the article that was discussed in class really informed me a lot about how Facebook really works. I never thought that they would actually be selling my own personal information and how things I think are private aren't so private after all. From this it began to make me think more about the stuff I would post on the site and how a business is making profit from my own information.

No comments:

Post a Comment